Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fontainebleau and Vaux le Vicomte






Oh My Goodness, the breakfast was so good, croissant and French cheese are my love. Fontainebleau is amazing which is the first references back to the 12th century. Since then, all the kings of France have lived in that palace. The Renaissance Rooms is very unique in France which was so resplendent, and also Napoleon I got abdicated in there. I am interested in the oriental art from China which was inside the castle remarkable by Napoleon III's wife. There are some really huge Gardens and grounds, and they are all so pretty and placid.

After than, We went to Vaux le Vicomte. First we walked though the huge gardens. I was so excited to start the evening candlelight tour. No kidding, it was a long walk inside the gardens and it took me forever to walk though it, . When we get into the house, all the candles were lighted, and it made me feel if I were in 17th century period, ha ha. The mood was so good anyway.

No comments: